Getting Your Bottle Account Setup
Bottle is a text to order platform for businesses of all kinds. Meal prep companies, farmers market vendors, restaurants, caterers, CPG brands and e-commerce sellers use Bottle to sell, resell and communicate with their audience over text message.
With Bottle you can:
- Quickly launch order ahead functionality for pickup or home delivery.
- Build an audience that you can communicate with directly over SMS.
- Grow your audience to communicate with and sell to more people.
- Resell to customers over text.
- Manage your orders in a simple dashboard.
In this guide, we’ll review everything you need to know for getting started with Bottle.
Create a Bottle account:
You can create a brand new Bottle account by going to www.sendbottles.com/signup
Customize Your Account:
Once inside of your Bottle account, you can customize your account. Use this link to customize your account.
Now, let’s add some products. Here is an article on how to add products to your account.
Set Up Stores:
Once your products are added, it’s time to move on to setting up your stores. Stores are where your customers will go to buy your products on Bottle. You can setup one or multiple stores.
- Click on the ‘Stores’ tab in your dashboard.
- Follow the instructions in this article to create a Store that continuously takes orders. Examples of this type of store include:
- A caterer that will accept orders 48 hours in advance of an event
- A restaurant or retail location that will accept orders for certain days of the week.
- An online store that will accept orders at anytime.
- Or, if you’d like to create a store that has a hard deadline for orders each week, you can follow the instructions in this article. Examples of this type of store include:
- Meal prep companies that have the same cutoff every week.
- Farmers market vendors that cutoff orders at a set time each week.
- Restaurants that offer bulk, prepared or daily style meals with a set day that orders end.
- You can then reference this article to setup your cutoff times, which determine when your orders cutoff each week.
- You can reference this article to setup an order embed link to add to your website.
Add Delivery Options:
The next step is to make sure that your Store has delivery options. You can setup delivery options by referencing this article.
Add Your Payout Account:
You'll want to make sure your payout account is setup! This is how you get paid - which we know is important! Check out this article for connecting your Bottle account with Stripe.
*Please make sure your Stripe account is integrated before you begin taking payments. If the Stripe account is not integrated before your first payment, the payment will not reach your account*.
Add Your Customers:
Advanced Product Features:
Bottle uses the Activity tab in order to give you up-to-date, accurate, and organized reports to make your cooking and delivery process seamless.