How line item variants work
Variants are a great way for your customers to choose a different portion of their meals than you currently offer. The best way to make different portion sizes accessible to your customers is to add line item variants. This will make it accessible to select different sized meals on an item-by-item basis.
How to create line item variants:
- From your dashboard, select 'Products + Checkout'.
- Select the 'Edit' option in the item you would like to add a variant.
- Scroll to the bottom and select '+ Product Variants'.
- From here, you can add the name of the variant. For example, 'Size'.
- You can allow your customers to choose just one variant, or choose multiple. This is done under the drop down 'Choose One' or 'Choose Multiple'.
- Add your preferred variant names in the 'Option 1: [
box]'. You can add more variants tothe specific category by selecting '+ Option'.
- You can check off 'Required' or leave it blank. Checking it off would mean that the customer is required to select a variant before checking out.
- Next, you can add a price for the specific variants next to the option name. Note that this amount is an addition to the base price of the item.
- Make sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the page when you are finished.