Bottle Referral Program: How It Works + How To Create One
Bottle offers you a way for your current customers to earn money automatically for referring their friends and family. The way this works is that once your referral program is setup, customers will see a section in their profile giving them a referral code and even a referral link they can share on social media. When new customers sign up, there's a field on the form asking for a referral token. If the new customer clicked one of the referral links, this field is automatically filled out. When the new customer creates their account, if they're a first-time user they'll receive the account credit amount you specify on the referral program. They'll also receive whatever message you specify on the referral program. After the new customer completes their first order, the referrer will receive the account credit amount you specify on the referral program. The referrer will also receive whatever message you specify on the referral program.
Below, we detail how to setup a referral program.
How to create a referral program
- Go to Dashboard -> Products + Checkout -> Referral Programs
- Click "New Referral Program"
- Fill out the form:
- New Customer $Amount: How much the new customer gets in account credit.
- Referree Message Text: The message (optional) sent to the new signup letting them know of their account credit.
- Referrer $Amount: How much account credit to award the customer who sent the referral.
- Referrer Message Text: The message (optional) sent to the customer letting them know one of their referrals completed their first order and therefore they have new account credit added to their account.
- Hit the blue "Save" button.