A Guide To Scheduling Messages and Rules
There are two types of Scheduled Actions: 1) Scheduled Messages and 2) Scheduled Rules. Below we outline the features of scheduled messages.
Both Scheduled Messages and Scheduled Rules have the following features:
- Ability to schedule an action to A) all of your customers; B) to customers who have a certain tag; or C) to specific customers.
- (Here is how to add and remove tags from customers: https://help.sendbottles.com/article/188-add-tags-attributes-and-guests-to-a-conversation)
- Ability to schedule the action to run either "Now" or at some time in the future.
- Ability to set the action to run on a recurring basis.
- Ability to utilize replacement variables to customize the messages and rules with the contacts' information.
- (Here is an article outlining the replacement variables available to you, and how to use them: https://help.sendbottles.com/article/225-how-variables-work)
How to send a scheduled message: https://help.sendbottles.com/article/314-how-to-send-a-scheduled-message-to-customers-from-the-activity-tab
Here are some examples of Scheduled Rules that provide more power than simply Scheduled Messages:
- Scheduled Rule: Send a message to all customers with a specific custom attribute
- Scheduled Rule: How to message non-customers automatically.
- Scheduled Rule: Message customers who don't have a specific tag
- Scheduled Rule: IF a customer has skipped X times, THEN cancel their subscriptions.
- Scheduled Rule: Reach Out To Former Customers
- Scheduled Rule: If a customer hasn't ordered in X days, then cancel active plans.
- Scheduled Rule: If a customer hasn't ordered in X days, then send a message.