Send a message to customers with a specific attribute
Sometimes you want to message customers who have a specific custom attribute and value. For example, if you add "city" attributes to customers, you might want to only message customers with the value "Chicago" in their "city" attributes.
How to send a message to customers with a specific attribute:
In this article, we are going to use the example of sending a text to *all* customers who have the "city":"Chicago" custom attribute.
- Go to the Dashboard -> Scheduled
- Click "New Scheduled Rule"
- Create the IF's/THEN's for this rule.
- In the far-right corner of the "rule" box, click the dropdown and choose "Ifs"
- The rule box should open up and you should see a list of "Ifs"
- Find and click the IF called "+ User Has Attribute That Matches Value", then put "city" in the "Attribute" box, then put "Chicago" in the "Value" box, and then click "Add Condition"
- This is basically saying: "We will run this rule for the contact, IF the contact has the "city":"Chicago" custom attribute.
- Now, you should be looking at all of the THEN's.
- Find and click on the "Send Message" THEN, then put the message you'd like to go out to the customer in the box and click "Save".
- Check the box "Send to All Contacts" (since this is a rule, this means it will execute the rule against each of your contact's account with you - if they meet the criteria of the IF, then they'll receive the THEN action).
- In "When to Send", fill out a time of the first time you'd like to execute the rule for everyone.
- In "Send Frequency", choose an interval if you'd like this scheduled message to keep recurring.
- Click "Save".
- You should now see the pending rule set to execute in the list of scheduled actions under your account.