Sending A Zap To Add New Customer Emails To A Google Sheet (Using Zapier)
It's a great idea to collect customer's emails in order to send out promotion emails, newsletters, and the like. Here are some instructions on how to add customers to a google sheet list when they sign up using Zapier. *you must have a Zapier account in order to do this*.
- Can download the Users Report to grab existing customers' emails.
When new customers join by choosing a plan
- In Zapier, create a new "Zap."
- Add the "Webhook" trigger to your Zap.
- Copy the Webhook URL to your clipboard.
- In Bottle, navigate to the Rules tab in the Dashboard.
- Click "New Subscription Rule" underneath the "New Conversation" section.
- This will trigger every time a customer adds a new plan. To make sure it only triggers once, you could make sure the customer's subscription count == 1 using the Ifs.
- Add the "Send to Zapier Webhook" action.
- Paste in the Webhook URL from Zapier, and then click Save.
- You will then be prompted to test the webhook on Zapier. Click the "Test Endpoint" button on the Bottle side and it will send a mock request, giving Zapier all the available fields in the webhook.
- Then add the "Google Sheets" action in Zapier.
- Then link your Google Account, choose your sheet, and choose "Add New Row" action. Here's some info about the Google Sheets integration with Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations
- You want to make sure the Google Sheet you're adding to has a top header before you link it to Zapier.