Send A Message To All Customers With A Specific Attribute
Sometimes you want to message customers who have a specific custom attribute and value. For example, if you add "city" attributes to customers, you might want to only message customers with the value "Chicago" in their "city" attributes.
Send a message to customers with a specific attribute
For this rule, we are going to give the example of sending a message to *all* customers who have the "city": "Chicago" custom attribute.
- Go to the Dashboard -> Scheduled
- Click "New Scheduled Rule"
- Create the IF's/THEN's for this rule.
- In the far-right corner of the "rule" box, click the dropdown and choose "Ifs"
- The rule box should open up and you should see a list of "Ifs"
- Find and click the IF called "+ User Has Attribute That Matches Value", then put "city" in the "Attribute" box, then put "Chicago" in the "Value" box, and then click "Add Condition"
- This is basically saying: "We will run this rule for the contact, IF the contact has the "city":"Chicago" custom attribute.
- Now, you should be looking at all of the THEN's.
- Find and click on the "Send Message" THEN, then put the message you'd like to go out to the customer in the box and click "Save".
- Check the box "Send to All Contacts" (since this is a rule, this means it will execute the rule against each of your contact's account with you - if they meet the criteria of the IF, then they'll receive the THEN action).
- In "When to Send", fill out a time of the first time you'd like to execute the rule for everyone.
- In "Send Frequency", choose an interval if you'd like this scheduled message to keep recurring.
- Click "Save".
- You should now see the pending rule set to execute in the list of scheduled actions under your account.