Setting up a custom voicemail in Bottle Chat
Bottle has a default voicemail setting and a custom voicemail setting. In this article we review how to setup default and custom voicemails.
Setting up the default voicemail
The default voicemail will use a robotic voice to read a voicemail message that you enter into the text field under voicemail in your settings.
- Sign into the Bottle Messenger
- Go to settings
- Click dashboard
- Scroll to the section "voicemail"
- Add the text you want to be read.
- Select the length of time you'd like the phone to ring in the box called ring length.
Setting up a custom voicemail
To setup a voicemail on Bottle follow these steps:
- Record a voice memo using an iPhone or Android.
- Send the file to yourself.
- Make sure the file is in MP3 format. If it is not, convert the file to a mp3. You can do this using an online tool, just search for MP4 to MP3 and select a tool that works for you.
- Go to the Bottle messenger.
- Go to your dashboard.
- Go to the settings tab.
- Add the file under the section labeled "voicemail recording".
- You should now have a custom voicemail added to your Bottle account!